How to become a JAMB Computer Based Centre (CBT) – Approval Requirements For All Private & Public Centers
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has approved new requirements for accreditation of centres for the conduct of the 2017 Computer Based Test (CBT).
Existing and intending CBT Centres should follow these strict guidelines from JAMB
See requirements below;
JAMB COMPUTER BASED TEST (CBT) CENTRE REQUIREMENTS
1) 250 functional Desktop Computer systems or laptops with 10% (i.e 25) backups.
2) Provision of individual cubicle with minimum length of 26 inches, breadth of 18 inches and height of 18 inches and appropriate seat for each system.
3) Minimum 15 inches flat screen Computer monitor for desktop or 17 inches for laptop.
4) The computer systems must be connected to a robust computer server with a capacity to carry 250 systems concurrently.
5) All the computer systems must be linked together on Cable Local Area Network topology (LAN). (Wireless Computer connection is not allowed).
6) Adequate security and minimum of five (5) technical personnel and one network engineer.
7) Availability of back-up power supply (power generating set of minimum 40kva for a centre with 250 systems; 60 kva for 350 systems and 100kva for above 350 systems) and UPS/inverters that can carry all systems for a minimum of two (2) hours.
8) The centre must be adequately fenced.
9) Provision must be made for a holding room or reception facility e.g canopy with chairs, etc.
10) The centre must not be in shared premises such as cinema hall, shopping mall, market, etc.
11) Availability of adequate and functional air-conditioners and lighting.
12) Provision of up to date Antivirus and all the systems must be virus free.
13) Minimum of Windows 7 or higher version of windows operating system.
14) IP Camera (CCTV) is compulsory for all CBT centers.
We Love hearing from you, ask questions, make inquiries, drop your thought and add your comment using the comment box below.
The JambCBTExam Team wishes you all the best in your academic pursuit.
Here’s what you’ll find inside:
- JAMB past questions CBT from 2000 to 2016
- Over 12 past questions and answers
- Contains Post UTME and Screening past questions and answers
- Video library with practical solutions to jamb past questions
- E-library, contains all textbooks you’ll need for JAMB exam
- JAMB News, Post UTME screening news and Scholarship updates
- 100% self-read enabled 2017/2018 JAMB brochure and syllabus
- Works on all phones (Android, blackberry, java)
- Works on your Computer, Laptop, Tablet,
- Online Practice available, (Practice online through cybercafe)
- Forum to meet lots of jambites, stay updated, make new friends and share information
- and lots more…
Please Show someone some LOVE, Share this information with your friends on WATSAPP or on Facebook by clicking on the facebook like or share button below.
Join our watsapp Chat Group by sending the word “ADD ME” to 08132679481.
You can also follow us on Facebook or Twitter to receive the info straight to your facebook wall or get the tweet sent straight to your twitter account.